Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Half-Mark On The Journey:

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/12/2000 12:33:31 PM
9/22/2020 6:32:57 PM
768

The Half-Mark On The Journey:

As I walk down the great road of life, I find many branches, many choices.
There are street signs there, pointing to this, pointing to that.
Each part of the journey that I view, these are the reasons my heart rejoices.
And though there are times, when to a beautiful sign, I must tip my hat,
And move on by without turning, that does not forgive a certain yearning.

All of my friends face a slow decay, my parents, my lover, and Me I must say.
A glorious race in which we participate, as we run headlong to our fate.
I look back at the things I've done. Sometimes, better judgment won.
The branches of the road I did decide. From these choices, nowhere to hide.
As all others, I take my turn, upon this road, here to learn.

In the middle of the race I stop and pause, less mindful now of a cause.
I see old friends upon their roads, and wonder, how do they carry such loads,
Gracefully, they seem to walk, and of what is in their hearts, they seldom talk.
I see all the branches I might have missed, behind me, kissed by the light of these angels.

I miss all of you, even though you are not gone. Your just further away because your road is long.
If my words are ever set to song, I pray that your names ring out like a gong,
Set in memory, carved in stone, because of you I was never, ever alone.
You know who you are, those who've touched my heart, remembered since the very start.

I bless you upon you journey through, and hope you find sweet things true.
Every luck, every hope that I can give, I send to you all, that you may live,
Well. My heart is in it, because all of yours were. I hope I can return enough that you all may win it.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/12/2000

Author's Comments

As I get older, I see more and more that life is finite. It becomes clearer and clearer. I am very thankful for those who have  chosen to share their time with me here. Without them, I don't think I could ever have made it this far, in many, many ways. This is a tribute to them all. And in a way, a prayer for all of us to live the rest of life's journey well. Do things you can live with yourself easily after. It feels good. Do things others can live with you easily after. It feels better.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/12/2000 12:33:31 PM
9/22/2020 6:32:57 PM
768
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 1

Comments

APoetsPerspective6/12/2000 12:56:19 PM
Very well put Daniel! I liked it.

-- John